Monday, June 28, 2010

Anticipation or Anxiety?

I think Mondays will be my new Blogging day :). This marks the beginning of the third week of my 'working from home' venture and all is still going well!

Pete got to come out with me and our realtor on Saturday and we looked at 9 houses! Yes, you read correctly; 9 :). We saw some crappy ones and we found two we really liked, so check my House hunting section and there's a tab for 'Harriet Ave.' That's our number 1 pick thus far. Two of the others were disqualified, which I detail in the househunting page :). We're pretty excited and we're looking through all the disclosures and home inspection documents for the house on Harriet Ave. The second one we liked is very new; only 4 years old. The problem with this one is that it has more of a condo feel. Not really a problem per say, but whatever. There's very little parking other than the garage, it's close to shopping and busy streets, which is good and bad and there's a very small backyard which we would have to plant grass in because it's currently dirt :). I'm more than happy to plant grass and play in the dirt. That's really no big deal for me. But the feel of the neighborhood we're not sure is right for us. The inside of that one is gorgeous though.

The big reason we love the house on Harriet is because of the yards. There's a nice front yard, with soft, green grass and flowers planted. And the backyard has some stone for patio furniture and grass along with a cherry and a plum tree.

Anyway, I'll let you read for yourselves on that; I mean if I put all the goods on this page, what would be the point of adding the Househunting page?!

The past couple of weeks have been good and not so good at times. It's been quite an adjustment. While I've been able to get lots of work done, I lack the interaction with my coworkers and bosses, which I really do miss. Everyone is so busy that I also have to be patient with them to get back to me and I'm not very good at that. In fact, I had myself worked up into a tissy the other night thinking everyone was avoiding me, which probably isn't the case. People are just busy and since I'm out of sight, I'm probably pretty easy to avoid if they don't have time to talk or answer questions. I know I've been guilty a time or two of not returning a call or an email from someone when I'm busy. So, I need to remember those things when I'm frustrated or waiting to hear back from someone.

This Thursday will be my first visit back in the office. I'm both excited and anxious at the same time. Looking forward to seeing everyone and at the same time a little nervous that in just three weeks maybe I won't fit in there anymore. Hopefully that doesn't happen. So, I'm going to put my best foot forward and walk in there like I haven't been gone at all :). I guess I've got both the anticipation and the anxiety. I'm sure this will get easier with time.

There's also the fact that I don't want to leave Pete for 10 days. I know, again, this will get easier. But this time I'm leaving and I'll be gone over the 4th of July, which is his favorite holiday. He'll be here alone. So I'm going to make him pinky swear that he'll do something fun. And we can have a Faux 4th Party when I get back :).

No more real drama on the feline diva front. Nikki is adjusting very well. She barks and cusses out the giant black squirrels who come to hang out on our porch. Pete's named them Wayne Brady and Dave Chappel. Pretty funny stuff :). And, Paris is coming along. She doesn't hide all day in her drawer, but she only uses the litter box sporadically. We thought we were home free when she used the new litter box the other night. I even sighed a sigh of relief when I saw her in there this morning. Only to see her trying to pee on my running shoes about half an hour later. Little bitch! One of the ladies at Petsmart tells us we have to be patient. So, I repeat this to Pete. She's also taken a liking to peeing in the bathtub. Gross, but much easier to clean up...

Best of all, the weather here is my favorite part. Warm and sunny. Pete and I visited the apartment complex pool Sunday afternoon. It was in the high 90's which might not seem too hot to some of you. But the sun is more direct here. After less than 2 hours outside, covered in spf 50 sunblock, both of us were worn out and pretty pink. We didn't burn but we couldn't have stayed out much longer.

So that's about it for this week. Sorry, no pictures to post here. Check the house hunting area and the house on Harriet :). Our second choice is on a street called Cypress. I'll post those pics too! Esther and Nadine are no longer posted because we've eliminated them.

Thanks for reading!

As Always,
Easily Distracted

No comments:

Post a Comment