Monday, July 12, 2010

Anticipation or Anxiety, Part 2

Hello everyone! Well, even though I just posted last week before I came back to CA, kind of alot has happened since then :).


My flight back to Sunny, CA was both eventful and uneventful at the same time. We boarded the plane and ended up sitting on the ramp for almost 2 hours due to thunder and lightening in the area. That was the eventful part. The uneventful part was that I was lucky enough to have a later connection from Las Vegas to San Jose, so I didn't have to stay over and fly back the following morning. Of course, it wouldn't have been much of a hardship to HAVE to stay in Las Vegas for a night, would it? But you know, after a trip like that, ya just want to get home! So, instead of getting into San Jose at 9pm, it was 11pm. LONG day, but like I said, things could have been much worse.


We submitted an offer on a house on Friday morning! The owners countered; we accepted their counter and then they accepted the whole deal, I guess today. So, barring any complications with the inspections we're having done, looks like Pete and I are going to be homeowners in the next month! Very exciting. And very scary too! I'm so excited to have our own home. But I'm also scared out of my mind to have that much debt, knowing I wouldn't be able to do it on my own. That's where I have to trust a little bit more. I'm so used to being on my own, at least financially, that this 'together' thing is different! So, that's the big news of the hour. We went to see the house on Saturday and I absolutely love it. it's got a gardenia bush in the front that smells amazing and it's in a very nice, quiet neighborhood. I didn't post any additional pics on the Sunny Vista page, but that's the one! Seems like I'm having issues posting pictures and getting everything to line up. So, I left it, with the update that that's the one for us! I went ahead and removed all the others from the house hunting area.

This week, I also plan to get my car registered here and get my California driver's license. Exciting, but again, a little daunting. I officially will be a 'California girl' then :). So, I've been finding out about everything I have to have for that and I made an appointment to get it all taken care of Thursday afternoon. Perfect timing, since Thursday is payday! I have an appointment today to get a smog inspection/certificate for my car. I can't get it registered without that, so I figured I'll go ahead and take care of it.


So, here I am, taking care of business. Pete and the feline divas were very happy to have me home. Paris peed on my running shoes, to make sure I wouldn't be using them to leave anytime soon, but otherwise, they've settled down and things are back to normal. Hopefully we can do without the drama from them the next time I go back to WV.


That's about it for now! Thanks for reading :)


As Always,

Easily Distracted

2 comments:

  1. when can i come to ur new house?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMMEDIATELY!! I'd love for you to come out right away. But we might have to wait until you have a break from school :). Already thinking about how to get you out here for a week or two next summer!

    ReplyDelete