Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HOT Holiday Weekend!!

Well, I hope this finds everyone happy and rested after the Independence Day weekend. In just the few weeks I spent living in California, I was VERY spoiled by the weather there. Don't get me wrong, I love hot, sunny weather but MAN, the humidity here! Of course, the temperatures were up all weekend, but it really did seem humid to me. Everyone around me talked about how it wasn't, though. And it looks like it's going to be hot all week, which is fine by me. I love the sunshine. I told Pete that California weather is perfect for me; sunny and mild!

I didn't even have to work much over the holiday, which was a pleasant surprise! I put in a couple of hours from home on Saturday, just to do some filing and checking emails, etc. but didn't come in to the office :).

Pete found us another house on Saturday and this one looks better than the others we've been interested in, so I'm excited! I've given him 'permission' to make an offer based on his comments and the pictures I've seen, so he's going to call the bank and check on his loan pre-approval today and possibly go see this house again this evening. Of course, if we make an offer, it's totally possible that we'll close on the house while I'm back here in WV next month, but I think we can work with the dates, so we'll see. I'll post pictures tonight, maybe.

So, what did I do over the holiday weekend? I enjoyed myself, that's for sure! I lounged by the pool Saturday and Sunday for a few hours. Had a girls night out with my sister and her friend BJ Saturday night, which was well-needed :). We had Mexican and Margaritas for dinner and then went to see Eclipse, which was really good. Sunday, I went with my sister and her friends to see Craig Morgan in concert at the park here in Fairmont. GREAT show! I wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much! And, of course, the people watching at these events is second to none :). Monday, I endured pooltime in the blazing heat for a couple of hours (that was about as long as we could stand it) with my sister and then I took her and my mom out for dinner for their birthdays. Fun was had by all. But the part I feel the best about is that when I got home from dinner, I cleaned house. I took trash out, vacuumed and took care of some clutter. Now that I don't have the kitties, I can clean knowing the cat hair probably will stay away. Trust me, it's a good feeling :).

After dealing with Pete's frustration over the feline divas last week, he calmed down some and things started to even out again. I'm sure Paris was freaked out about me being gone, but he said she seemed to be better. Then yesterday, he called to let me know that she's been using her travel carrier as a toilet, so that's awesome. He's convinced that she'll ruin whatever house we decide to buy, within weeks. So, I'm sure the welcoming committee will be enthusiastic when I get back to Sunny California, Friday night. I'm praying that after they know I'm coming back, maybe the next time I leave them they won't punish Pete so badly. We shall see.

So, this week should be busy. My goal is to keep my nose to the grindstone and do my work while I'm at work and ignore everything else. I've got dinner plans with my friend Carol, movie plans with my Daddy and that just about takes care of my 'free-time' in the evenings :). Then, I'll be heading West on a 4pm flight this Friday.

Easily Distracted really is 'On the move' now!

Take care!

As Always,
Easily Distracted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment