Monday, July 26, 2010

Pictures of You, Pictures of Me

Sorry, everyone; I couldn't think of a clever title for this one and this song has been in my head, so I thought I'd start there :).

It actually is somewhat fitting. I spent much of my weekend, or at least Saturday, snapping picture after picture. I love photography and always have! The way things move; the shaddows they cast. It's all fascinating to me. And, Pete and I spent Saturday immersed in some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in a long time. We took a little day trip, down to Pebble Beach, CA and did the 17-Mile Drive. I'd never heard of such a thing, but Pete mentioned it, so I Googled it and insisted that that's what I wanted to do!

Basically, the 17-Mile Drive is a scenic drive that weaves in through the communities, golf resorts and scenic vistas of the Monterey Penninsula. Of course, since Pete's a lover of golf, we were going to check out Pebble Beach Golf Links. So, we decided to make an afternoon out of it.

The only downside of this very enjoyable afternoon, was the weather. Pete and i are both warm-weather lovers and while it was close to 90 in Sunnyvale, it stayed in the 50's with cloudy skies, for most of the day. A bit disappointing, but it really didn't ruin much for us. We took Pete's classic Corvette out for the drive, took the top off and went for a little cruise :). We saw some beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean. I'm always in awe of how blue the water looks. Very different from the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean. It's also so different because people don't just come to the beach here to lay out and enjoy the sun and the water. The water is COLD! So, if anyone is in the water, they're generally surfing :).

Anyway, we spent a good two hours driving on this scenic road, stopping and taking pictures and seeing the sights. It was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday! Next time, I'll be sure to check the weather before leaving though. While I got some great shots, I imagine they'd be even better if the sun was out.

After all of that, everything is business as usual here in Sunny, Sunnyvale. I'm getting ready for my second trip back to WV, to work in the office during our monthly 'busy time'. I'll be gone for two weeks this time. And when I return to CA, we'll be moving in to our house! Or at least getting ready to :). We're still looking at an August 10 closing date on the house. There are a few things we're going to have taken care of after closing and before we move in, and then we'll be set. We're very excited!

So, that's it for today! Everything is busy and we keep chugging along here :). I'm starting to think about going shopping for my wedding dress. But we want to get 'over the hump' as far as settling into the house is concerned, before we set a date and make plans for our destination wedding. Any ideas are certainly welcome! We've been considering the Bahamas, Hawaii or even a cruise. So, we'll see. I've even contemplated having a small wedding here in San Jose and then leaving for Hawaii or whereever we decide. So, stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!

As Always,
Easily Distracted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment