Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Times

While my last entry was about the 'not-so-good' times, I feel the need for a little positivity here today.

Pete's birthday was Saturday, so we decided to venture North to San Francisco Saturday night. So, I did some research and figured out a place for us to check out for dinner and we were off! a little less than two hours later, we arrived at Pier 39 :). Pete overshot our exiting the interstate a little and we ended up having to go ALL THE WAY across the Bay Bridge, and for anyone who has done that, you know it's several miles long! Then, we got to come back across the top deck of the bridge. No harm done, though :). We found the North Shore easily enough, parked the car at Pier 39 and explored a little. We found the restaurant easily and had a nice, fresh, seafood dinner.

After dinner we walked around and found a 'Fresh Pearl' stand. One of those places that has nice pearl jewelry, but also has actual oysters you can choose and they open them up to see real pearls inside. So, doing the 'tourist' thing, we did that. We ended up getting two very pretty pearls; one pink and the other white. But we totally got raped when the salesgirl there showed us settings to choose from. I won't go into how much $$ that was, but let's just say I got one pearl set in a pendant and ran away with the other one not set :). A good time was had by all!

No news is good news, on the house front. Our loan was approved by the new bank and some of our contingencies are going to be released this week! The appraiser went and did his inspection today, so we'll wait to hear back about that. And then I think we're really over the hump! So, we're very excited about that. I'm already figuring out what I want to plant in the back yard. So far, I think a lilac bush, some honeysuckle, lemon and orange bushes. I even thought about clearing out a few things in the flower garden and planting some daisies. We'll see. Exciting!

Pete's going out of town for business, for the first time on his new project, this week. I gotta say, I'm a little nervous. I mean, I know my way around here, but I've never been here, in this town, in this apartment, by myself overnight. Thank God he's only going to be gone one night!

So, that's it for this week, I think. Everything's good! I have my occasional hiccups, but I like it here and I'm excited for us to move into our first home together! I'm already planning the menu for our housewarming party. Stay tuned; I might need help with that!

Thanks for reading!

As Always,

Easily Distracted

No comments:

Post a Comment