Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

In the words of Kei$ha, 'Comin out your mouth with your Blah Blah Blah'. This sums up my week so far. Blah... Blah...Blahhhhh.

Almost everything about this week has been Blah. More petty Blah, Blah, Blah gossip and BS, difficulty doing actual work at work, crappy weather and not feeling like doing anything once I get home... There have been some smiling points, but only a few. And I can look on the positive side and be thankful for everything in my life. But you know what BLAH means, and that's what I'm writing about this time.

Our server at work has been down for three days, going on four. BLAH. There's very little work I can do that doesn't require me to access something on our server, so I've been able to get very little done AT ALL this week. BRUTAL! Hanging out for 9 hours or so a day trying to find things to do that I can do without server files is not the best way to pass the time! And now that my usual 'stuff' has been neglected for three days, if the problem is solved today or tomorrow, I, like most of the people at work, will be scrambling to catch up. BLAAAHHHHHH!


I had sort of planned on moving to California sometime mid-June, which just happens to be next month. I thought the weekend of June 19 sounded good, but Pete wants me out there sooner, so we tenatively decided on June 12. Which happens to be ONE MONTH from today! WHAAAT?! How'd that happen?! So now I'm thinking about everything I need to do at work to prepare for my move.


This is one of the smiling points for the week: I found out that my 'plan' has been approved. YAAAYYYY! I can finally give a few details! I'm going to move to California next month. I will keep my job and work from there for part of each month. And I will fly back to WV to help with our invoice cycle every month for 10 days or so. I'm the lucky girl who gets the best of both worlds. All the travel will be difficult and stressful for me, but I'll make it work. Now all I have to do is share this news with the group of people I work with. And I'm sure that it won't be met with unconditional positivity and awesome happiness, but I need to stop worrying so much about what everyone else is thinking or feeling and do what makes things work for me, right?

So this is today. I haven't written much this week because there hasn't been a whole lot to say. Hence the BLAH-ness of this week. Hopefully things will cheer up a bit for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice and I have GOT to get outside and do something active.

Thanks for reading :)



As Always,

Easily Distracted



No comments:

Post a Comment