Tuesday, May 4, 2010

'Distracted' reaches a new level!

I need to own stock in the OTC supplements promising 'increased brain power' or 'better concentration'. I've actually taken some of these supplements and they do seem to work... If I remember to take them! I mean, seriously, how am I going to get the benefits of these super-wonderful 'natural' items if I can't remember to use them regularly? Vitamin B Combo is the best that I've found. And I know that I'm deficient on Vitamin B, which can cause anemia, leading to decreased energy and sometimes depression; all of which I've dealt with from time to time. But Vitamin B Complex stinks like puke and makes me burp, neither of which are pleasant things. So, me being the dumbass I am, I just don't take it. Logically, thinking clearer and being able to concentrate better are both benefits I want. But obvioulsy not enough to overcome nasty taste, smelly pee and burping. Silly me...

I find myself continually starting a new project and not finishing. Lucky for me I don't generally have these types of issues as far as my work is concerned. I generally do pretty well finishing what I start and remembering what I've done at least for a limited amount of time :). So, I'm at home last night and as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I received the moving boxes I ordered. So, I decided to open the box and go ahead and maybe start packing some stuff up. Limit the clutter, right? WRONG! I opened the box and started assembling one of the 'dish packs' I ordered. Well, word to the wise: do NOT order moving supplies online without taking note of the measurements. I'd be the person to order 5,000 feet of packing tape or something equally ridiculous! I thought the boxes labeled 'dish pack's would be a fairly manageable size. And, I have a nice collection of dishes (Thank you Mom) and a fair amount of glassware that will have to be packed at some time. So, I ordered 3 dish packs.

Imagine my surprise when I assembled the main box for the dish pack and when I'm standing up, the box assembled and on the floor is chest-high for me. Now, I know I'm not tall or even average as far as height is concerned, but COME ON! How the heck am I going to handle a box this size, ESPECIALLY when it's full of dishes and glassware?! So, I stopped with the box assembly project. That's me, I got totally overwhelmed with this giant box and stopped everything I was doing related to the box. It's still sitting in the middle of my living room floor, probably with one of my cats perched on top! In my own defense, the picture here is of the exact product I ordered. Of course, it's not sitting up, so it looks like a nice, friendly, manageable box. NOT.

So, after I gave up on my packing adventure last night, I started uploading pictures online of our March vacation in Naples. One of my work friends got a photo book from snapfish.com and I have to say it's nice! Much like digital scrapbooking, only with a little less functionality. But still a very nice product for way less $$ than actual scrapbooking costs. And, while I love doing it, I don't want to deal with the mess with paper scraps and adhesive laying everywhere right now. Anyway, I started uploading pictures and arranging my photo book and realized the book was 20 pages long. I didn't have enough pictures to fill a 20-page book, so that was Project #2 that got saved for later.

What's happening to me?! Well, step #1 is going to be 'START TAKING YOUR VITAMINS, SMARTGIRL!' This one I don't even need to buy anything to accomplish, so I have no excuses. I will simply HAVE to eat something in the mornings so that I can take my stinky Vitamin B pill. That in itself will help, I'm sure. What's Step #2, you ask? I dunno yet. I'm going to wait and see what Step #1 does for me :).

I guess we can all be thankful I can concentrate long enough to finish showering and getting dressed everyday!

Now I'm patiently waiting to hear from Pedro. Pedro is a nickname we have for Pete. Just so you know, I'll probably refer to him that way from time to time. Pedro had a very difficult time yesterday getting to California. Storms all across the country had his flights cancelled or diverted. What started out to be one connection, with him not even switching planes, turned into a 4-legged trip! He went from Pittsburgh to Chicago, where his connection changed and had left without him. Then after re-working his itinerary, he went from Chicago to Denver, to Las Vegas and THEN to San Jose. And then because he was arriving 4 hours later than originally planned, his friend wasn't able to pick him up at the airport and he had to get a cab to his friend's place. Needless to say, Pedro was not a very happy guy when I spoke to him last night. So hopefully today finds him a little more rested.

He is supposed to be going to see a couple of possible rental houses today, so I'm excited to hear what he has to tell me. The pictures for both look great and if we can get one or the other, while they are more expensive than apartments, there will be way more room, attached garage and yards for him to play in. While I wanted a pool to swim in, that is a usual amenity at the area apartment complexes, I'm very willing to join the Y for their swimming pool and enjoy more room. So, please cross your fingers.

So, I think that's it for today! I'm taking my Vitamin right this minute. Maybe I'll have enough energy to get a workout in tonight!


As always,

Easily Distracted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment