Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sunshine on my Shoulders Makes Me Happy

Yesterday was a new, happier day. The sun came out again, even though it was raining and stormy when I left work work yesterday morning. And, after a while, I snapped out of my funk and realized that I'm not Chicken Little and the sky really isn't falling. Today finds me still happy, but worried. For reasons I'll share with you in this blog.

Everything is progressing on the work 'plan' front and while things aren't really finalized yet, they look pretty positive. Maybe next week I'll be able to share more details. So, that's a positive.


Pete has established an address for us. This is the floorplan :). He was supposed to have picked up the keys to our apartment today, but when I asked him last night about it, he said his renter's insurance didn't take effect until today, so the apartment people wouldn't give him the keys until the renter's insurance was good. Wow. He also shared with me that he plans on living on his air mattress with none of our furniture until I get there. The fool thinks he's going to wait until I get there to move ANYTHING into the apartment?! I don't think so! So when I expressed, very calmly, my thoughts about wanting to have something to sit on and maybe a tv to watch, he told me that the apartment complex doesn't allow PODS on their property. This kinda sent me over the edge a little, because while the movers did come and pack up some of our large furniture, Pete rented a POD which holds our couch, dining room table and smaller stuff. So, if we want to get anything from that, instead of having the POD delivered, we'll have to rent a truck, go to the PODS storage place and get it ourselves. I kept my cool for the most part and just asked him if he even looked at any of the other places on my list. I think my reaction was 'And why are we renting from them?' But apparently the other apartments had many of the same extra costs and crazy rules. So, this is what we'll put up with for a few months. We'll be living in a beautiful, exclusive, gated community with all kinds of great amenities, with no furniture :). Our conversation last night was fairly short and I wasn't in the greatest of moods after learning about all of this. Pete said he had to go for a while but could call me later and I said no, I was pretty tired and was just going to go to bed so I asked him to call me today. Of course, after sleeping on it, I'm not mad at all and I agree we'll do what we have to do.

This morning when I got up and put my phone on the charger, I saw 17 missed calls. Much to my surprise, I checked and Pete had called me 17 times between 1 and 2am! Every 2-4 minutes there was a call from him. And all 17 times he let my voicemail pickup and there was 2 seconds of silence. My first thought was 'Holy Crap, what's wrong?!' And of course, I felt bad that I left my phone in the living room and didn't hear it ringing AT ALL through my closed bedroom door. So after checking all 17 blank messages, I came to the conclusion that he's probably not hurt or else someone would have left me a message. More than once in this moving/starting a new job process, Pete has gotten a bit freaked out and simply needed to talk to me to calm down. And I like it that he depends on me for things like that. My thought is that he went into panic mode and just needed to calm down since our conversation didn't end in the 'I love you' happy hang-up. But I'll call him as early as 10am (7am his time) to make sure everything's ok.

Today is Friday and my second favorite day of the week. I'm not planning to do anything over the weekend, which is unique from so many weekends over the past year. Pete is in California and I am here. I will spend the time cleaning house, grocery shopping, since I don't have anything healthy to eat in my apartment, and starting to organize things I want to take with me to California. I may even enjoy some shopping. I will stay busy.

And, after a few days of taking my Vitamin B and D supplements, I'm feeling a little more 'together'. I've got more energy and I've been able to get things done a little easier and faster. My mood is also better which is always a plus. So, that's something I'll keep doing. I'd like to start exercising again this weekend. If the weather is nice I'll take a walk or maybe get my bike out for a ride on the rail trails. Seems like a good bike ride can bring make my spirits soar. At least if my allergies don't flare up from all the 'nature' on the trail :).

This blog probably isn't the funniest or most entertaining entry and I apologize for that. I really do love being funny and making people laugh, even if it's at me. But this is my life today. My goal for now is to have a nice, happy, restful and, most importantly, busy weekend. A nice, happy busy. Not the bad kind of busy where you don't know how you're going to get everything done. Just busy enough not to feel lonely or sad. A good goal, right?!

Happy weekend everyone!~

As Always,
Easily Distracted

No comments:

Post a Comment