Monday, May 3, 2010

Ok for the Most Part

Well, today finds me still in one piece. I haven't fallen apart from being sad or scared or stressed, just yet :).


The weekend was great for the most part, aside from rainy weather yesterday. Pete made it down from Pittsburgh Saturday afternoon and we went out for dinner and drinks with a couple of my work friends. A good time was had by all! And yesterday, I spent my birthday with my favorite people in the world; my family. I was the queen for the day! Later, Pete and I looked at possible houses and apartments in San Jose and he made a plan to get us a place.

I didn't lose my cool until later in the evening and I thought that was quite an accomplishment! I always get sad when Pete leaves for any length of time, but this time there was a feeling of finality. This visit, he took everything from his mother's house, which he usually leaves there when he knows he's coming back. He dropped his car off to be shipped to California this morning. And at this point in time, he's actually waiting in Pittsburgh International Airport, because his flight was delayed. And he's probably fuming because he hates to travel anyway :). But for me, it was a challenge to get my makeup on this morning in between the 'water works'. And, I've managed to not spill over today at work. 'Spilling over' means my eyes may well up with tears, but I don't count it as crying until the tears spill over and actually run down my face :).

On a different note, (today's post may jump around a bit. Remember, Easily Distracted...) I did not start my diet and exercise regimen just yet. I figured I was definitely setting myself up for failure when I knew I'd be eating my mom's ribs and my sister's cheesecake over the weekend. And right now, I'm still wallowing a little bit, so my goal for today is to eat just when I'm hungry. That's the best I can do for today. I know that exercise will lift my spirits so I will try to do something active this evening after work. Tomorrow, I can probably shake off the sadness enough to get moving and that will send me on my way.



On the Wedding front, I think we're making progress. I've chosen a color scheme for the 'if we have a wedding' scenario. And, my sister has decided that I should have a Pampered Chef wedding shower, which she plans to have for me sometime this summer. Even though we haven't set a date for our wedding or done any planning whatsoever, really :). But, hey, I'm good with that! I love Pampered Chef! So, that's something to look forward to! I've also started looking at ideas to make my own wedding bouquet. I wanted to do something with silk flowers so they won't go bad and I can keep them. Smart, huh? We shall see.

So, my birthday was a raging success! Raging may be a matter of opinion, but I like the word and look for any excuse to use it :). I turned 35 without any mishaps or tears (over getting older). Stay tuned for more this week. I will hopefully have an update about the work situation.

Stay tuned for more of the 'Carrie Chronicles'...












No comments:

Post a Comment